Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eczema, Hematoma & the World Series

If the last two weeks all I did was sleep in and drag myself around, this week the tiredness is spread out differently. Now I get up and out of bed at a decent hour, but I kind of move slowly and need to go to bed early.

Some nights I stayed up and watched every inning of the World Series, and some nights, like the final last night, I just couldn't stay up past 10:15. If anyone is interested, MyMan was rooting for the Phillies (he's a Met fan) and I was rooting for the Yanks (I think they have great back stories...).

My arms ache and it hurts to climb stairs, yet walking is fine. So yesterday I took the dog out for a walk that was about 3 miles long, but I was beat afterwards. Today we took a shorter walk.

I also have little patches of eczema all over my arms and legs as well as hair loss and dandruff. My dermatologist warned me about the eczema and I have a feeling that the dandruff is part of that. Hair loss? I'll discuss it with my pulmonologist the next time I see him.

My back aches something terrible, but for a totally unrelated reason. The day my mother and brother moved out of our "compound," i.e., our downstairs apartment, I slipped and fell on my bum. Really hard.

I have a hematoma the size of my hand. It ain't pretty. The prednisone is partly to blame for that, too. Prednisone makes your skin extremely sensitive to bumps and bruises. A man we know who has taken it for years has red blotches all over because his skin has become so sensitive.

NaNoWriMo
Also, I'll be writing less in the coming weeks, since I've begun participating in NaNoWriMo -- National Novel Writing Month...50,000 words in 30 days -- wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. my husband has been diagnoised with Boop... would love to connect with you via email or ???? This is such a trying time for us. I was reading your blogs and feel for you.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.
The BoopBlogger will respond.